Seeking cancer treatment can be difficult. It’s especially difficult knowing that so many cancer treatments can take a very standard, one-size-fits all approach, leaving you feeling like just another patient walking through the door. What’s more, everyone responds differently to these cancer treatments, which can make it hard to select a treatment option that truly works for you.
Keep reading to learn more about Issels Immuno-oncology Center, the individualized treatment options it offers, and how it could be part of your cancer treatment journey.
What is Issels Immuno-Oncology Center?
Issels’ leading treatment option is a non-toxic immunotherapy for cancer. It’s a treatment option that was first developed in Germany by Josef M. Issels, around 1951. Only doctors at an Issel Immunotherapy center administer this kind of treatment.
The founder of the current Issels Medical Center is Dr. Christian N. Issels.
The Issels location in Tijuana, Mexico is an inpatient facility, which means patients do not need to stay overnight while receiving their treatment.
What kinds of treatments does the Immuno-Oncology Center offer?
Some details about non-toxic immunotherapy include the following:
- It’s designed to be specific to an individual without many significant and unpleasant side effects.
- The immunotherapies are developed from a patient’s own immune system cells, making them highly individualized and personalized.
- The immunotherapies help activate and stimulate a patient’s own immune system, giving them the tools needed to fight cancer more naturally.
- Immunotherapies can come in different forms, though patients who receive just one or the other. They may receive several immunotherapy treatments, offering a multi-pronged approach to cancer treatment
The Issels Immunotherapy for Cancer approach has been used for several years with a good track record of success and good results.
As part of the Issels Integrative Immunotherapy Program, Issels offers two key components: the personalized immunotherapy (which is given at the Issels Medical Center in Santa Barbara, California), and a treatment program offering other types of immunotherapies, such as dendritic cell therapy, in their Tijuana, Mexico location.
How could Issels Immuno-Oncology Center be part of your cancer treatment journey?
Issels Immuno-oncology Center’s focus on personalized, individualized cancer immunotherapy helps ensure that the treatment you receive is specific to do, down to the cellular level.
Visit the Issels Immuno-Oncology Center website for more information about treatment options, staff specialities, and patient testimonials to learn if the Issels Immuno-Oncology Center would be right for you.
A late stage cancer diagnosis, or a cancer that proves resistant to treatment, can be frightening and overwhelming. If you’re unsure of where to turn for effective, life-saving treatment, consider the Issels Immuno-Oncology approach. It’s proven effectiveness works to provide long-term remission for many of the toughest of cases.
What Is the Issels Immuno-Oncology Approach?
The use of non-toxic immunotherapy marks the Issels Immuno-Oncology approach. The therapy employs cancer vaccines paired with cell therapies created from patient-specific immune cells. This patient-specific treatment has demonstrated long-term effectiveness over many years of use. Furthermore, the Issels Immunotherapy approach uses several complementary treatments depending on the patient’s diagnosis and patient status.
Other treatments included in the Issels integrative approach include the following:
- Autologous Dendritic Cell Cancer Vaccine – promotion of anti-tumor response
- Prostate Cancer Vaccine – vaccine designed to specifically target prostate cancer cells
- Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells (LAK cells) – autologous lymphocytes that activate to fight cancer cells when in the presence of Interleukin-2.
- Activated Natural Killer Cells (NK Cells) – a type of lymphocyte that activated to kill cancer cells in the presence of Interleukin-21 and special cytokines
- Coley’s Mixed Bacterial Vaccine – stimulates potent cancer fighting properties within the body
- Autologous Cytokines – continues to boost immunity during home care program
- Extracorporeal Photopheresis – provides immunomodulatory properties
- Systemic Hyperthermia – enhances immunity
The beginning of the Issels Integrative Innumotherapy program begins with intensive therapies for three or four weeks. The program continues at home for the ensuing several months for as long as necessary. The medical team of Issels will fully monitor patients’ status even after returning home.
Many of the Issels treatment plans begin at the in-patient center and continue at the outpatient one. In these cases, we provide convenient, safe, and speedy transportation.
What Cancers Are Treated?
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Embryonal Teratoma
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Mediastinal Cancer
- Optic Nerve Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Squamous Cell Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Other cancers not listed (call for more information)
Where Can Patients Receive Treatment?
Patients who’re interested in the Issels Immuno-Oncology approach can receive treatment at two locations: in Santa Barbara, CA, and Tijuana, Mexico. The Issels Medical Center, located in Santa Barbara, offers outpatient services within the lovely setting of the local community.
The Issels Integrative Immuno-Oncology Center in Tijuana, Mexico provides integrative, in-patient care in a top-quality setting. The facility offers top-of-the-line diagnostic and therapeutic features including the following:
- CAT scan
- 12 operating suites
- 8 intensive care units
- outpatient surgical center
- emergency room
- a pharmacy
- an inviting restaurant
- community areas
- spacious private rooms
- 16 suites
- 4 master suites
How Much Does Issels Immuno-Oncology Therapy Cost?
Cancer is different from patient to patient. The treatment plan and duration will depend both on the individual patient’s diagnosis as well as his or her response to treatment. Providing a specific price is impossible, but potential patients can call the facility to discuss costs and financial assistance.
Issels Immuno-Oncology centers strive to provide accessible treatment. By providing geographically friendly locations, a streamlined treatment process, and affordable options, insurance problems and a lack of financial resources are challenges that can be overcome. Patients can be assured of high-quality treatment without worries of being placed on a placebo treatment rather than the actual immunotherapy plan.
Dr. Christian N. Issels, ND
As the head and founder of Issels Immuno-Oncology Center, Dr. Christian N. Issels strives to provide cancer patients with integrative cancer treatments, in the footsteps of his father, Dr. Joseph Issels.
Dr. Walter H. Kim, MD
Dr. Grant P. Williams, MD